Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 build 20120305 Released
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for exploitable hacking vulnerabilities. Automated scans may be supplemented and cross-checked with the variety of manual tools to allow for comprehensive web site and web application penetration testing.
New Security Checks
- Acunetix WVS 8 scans Web Statistics Software Applications such as AWStats and Webalizer, crawls their result pages and notifies you if sensitive data is disclosed in such pages.
- Your website is now secured against ASP Code injection vulnerability.
- New security checks have been included for SQLite Databases.
- Acunetix WVS 8 provides security checks for Rails Mass Assignment.
- Acunetix WVS 8 offers you the possibility to stop the website crawling and proceed with the scan at anytime.
- You can choose a scan report template that you would like to use when scheduling a scan.
- Scripts are being executed faster thus the scans are taking less time to complete.
- Improved security scripts for Blind SQL injection, Remote File Inclusion XSS, File Inclusion and Directory Traversal.
- If a variant check for a specific vulnerability times out, Acunetix WVS 8 continues to launch the next variant checks assigned for that type of vulnerability.
- Crawler: input encoding was not correct for _EVENTTARGET = and /
- Ansi string was not working correctly when using specific languages other than English.
Full changelog: here