httpry v0.1.7 – Packet Sniffer Released
httpry is a specialized packet sniffer designed for displaying and logging HTTP traffic. It is not intended to perform analysis itself, but to capture, parse, and log the traffic for later analysis.
It can be run in real-time displaying the traffic as it is parsed, or as a daemon process that logs to an output file. It is written to be as lightweight and flexible as possible, so that it can be easily adaptable to different applications.
- added an option (-P) to specify the PID filename
- fixed compiling under OSX
- changed IPv6 parsing to follow extension headers if present
- changed rate statistics code to use a hash table data structure
- added a rps threshold option (-l) when in rate statistics mode
- changed rps display mode to -s, -t now just sets the display interval
What can you do with it?
- See what users on your network are requesting online
- Check for proper server configuration (or improper, as the case may be)
- Research patterns in HTTP usage
- Watch for dangerous downloaded files
- Verify the enforcement of HTTP policy on your network
- Extract HTTP statistics out of saved capture files
- It’s just plain fun to watch in realtime
More Information: here
Download httpry v0.1.7