Maltego v3.1.1 Released
Maltego is an open source intelligence and forensics application. It will offer you timous mining and gathering of information as well as the representation of this information in a easy to understand format.
- The main differences between CE and commercial is that CE:
- Returns a maximum of 12 entities
- Cannot paste more than 50 entities (at a time)
- Runs a tad slower, and to a server that is a bit smaller
- No grown-up things like import from spreadsheets, reporting (cough cough) or printing
- Has a silly looking background that tell you it’s ‘for demo use only’.
- CE, like commercial, now runs over HTTPS
- The ‘why-do-I-need-to-complete-this-impossible-captcha-10-times-before-it-takes-it’ bug has been fixed. Which means you need to only log in once every couple of days.
- Seamless integration with Maltego CaseFile.
- The most up-to-date version (build 2621) with the most bugs fixes.
What does Maltego do?
- Maltego is a program that can be used to determine the relationships and real world links between:
- Groups of people (social networks)
- Web sites
- Internet infrastructure such as:
- DNS names
- IP addresses
- Documents and files
- These entities are linked using open source intelligence.
- Maltego is easy and quick to install – it uses Java, so it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Maltego provides you with a graphical interface that makes seeing these relationships instant and accurate – making it possible to see hidden connections.
- Using the graphical user interface (GUI) you can see relationships easily – even if they are three or four degrees of separation away.
- Maltego is unique because it uses a powerful, flexible framework that makes customizing possible. As such, Maltego can be adapted to your own, unique requirements.
Download Maltego v3.1.1