Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 Build 20120508 Released
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for exploitable hacking vulnerabilities. Automated scans may be supplemented and cross-checked with the variety of manual tools to allow for comprehensive web site and web application penetration testing.
New Security Check
- Acunetix WVS 8 checks if your PHP-CGI installation is vulnerable to remote code execution. For further information regarding this type of vulnerability, read the PHP-CGI advisory article here.
- Ability to edit scheduled scans. No need for scheduling new scans every time you wish to change a scan setting.
- Amend multiple scheduled scans simultaneously by selecting them and applying the required global changes.
- Save all your scanned results and access them at any time from your scheduler’s scan history. You can also delete your scanned results from the web-based scheduler.
- A new setting has been introduced to configure the maximum number of pages during a crawl.
- Improved Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) tests.
- The web-based scheduler has been improved to run better in the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Enhanced SQL injection tests to reduce the false positives reporting even more.
- The scheduled scans can be correctly imported after upgrading to a more recent build of Acunetix WVS 8.
- The false positives settings node can now support changes from multiple instances at the same time.
- Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) Scanner URL edit box is now able to save history.