Published on May 30th, 2012 | by MaxiSoler0
HULK (Http Unbearable Load King) v1.0 Released
HULK is a web server denial of service tool written for research purposes. It is designed to generate volumes of unique and obfuscated traffic at a webserver, bypassing caching engines and therefore hitting the server’s direct resource pool.
The main concept of HULK, is to generate Unique requests for each and every request generated, thus avoiding/bypassing caching engines and effecting directly on the server’s load itself.
- Edition Released.
- Obfuscation of Source Client – this is done by using a list of known User Agents, and for every request that is constructed, the User Agent is a random value out of the known list
- Reference Forgery – the referer that points at the request is obfuscated and points into either the host itself or some major prelisted websites.
- Stickiness – using some standard Http command to try and ask the server to maintain open connections by using Keep-Alive with variable time window
- no-cache – this is a given, but by asking the HTTP server for no-cache , a server that is not behind a dedicated caching service will present a unique page.
- Unique Transformation of URL – to eliminate caching and other optimization tools, I crafted custom parameter names and values and they are randomized and attached to each request, rendering it to be Unique, causing the server to process the response on each event.
More Information: here