SAMHAIN v3.0.4 & Beltane v2.4.3 Released
The Samhain host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) provides file integrity checking and log file monitoring/analysis, as well as rootkit detection, port monitoring, detection of rogue SUID executables, and hidden processes.
Samhain been designed to monitor multiple hosts with potentially different operating systems, providingcentralized logging and maintenance, although it can also be used as standalone application on a single host.
Samhain is an open-source multiplatform application for POSIX systems (Unix, Linux, Cygwin/Windows).
- Fix verbosity of message for alerts on already deleted watches (set it to debug – suggested by xrx)
- Fix extraneous error messages about file not found from sh_fInotify_init_internal() (bug reports by xrx and aj)
- Reported problems related to the samhain ‘stealth’ option have been fixed.
- An invalid error check in beltane_update has been fixed.
- On request, the display of md5 and sha1 checksums has been modified to better match the output of md5sum/shasum.
More Information: here
Download SAMHAIN v3.0.4