Wireshark v1.6.9 Released
Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network. It is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark development thrives thanks to the contributions of networking experts across the globe. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
- wnpa-sec-2012-11: The PPP dissector could crash. (Debian bug 680056). Versions affected: 1.4.0 to 1.4.13, 1.6.0 to 1.6.8, 1.8.0.
- wnpa-sec-2012-12: The NFS dissector could use excessive amounts of CPU. (Bug 7436). Versions affected: 1.4.0 to 1.4.13, 1.6.0 to 1.6.8, 1.8.0.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Cannot run tshark under TCP using decode-as format for syslog. (Bug 5241)
- Unable to reassemble EAP-TLS fragments across multiple RADIUS packets (works on 1.2.15). (Bug 5735)
- Rearranging columns in preferences doesn’t work on 64-bit Windows. (Bug 6077)
- Incorrect PER UNALIGNED decoding of IA5String. (Bug 6246)
- After fix for Bug 3046, after save-as then open you cannot see the packet list. (Bug 6640)
- Problem with Floating point (double-precision). (Bug 6917)
- Unhandled exception ( group=1, code=4) occurs when trying to capture in pdml file. (Bug 7333)
- Netscreen – Can’t parse packet-header. (Bug 7340)
- Assignment Request message is not decoded after Service handover parameter. (Bug 7360)
- Wireshark fails to link because of missing @GLIB_LIBS@ reference in Makefile.am. (Bug 7427)
- Wireshark > 1.4 does not correctly read Association ID for PS Poll packets. (Bug 7429)
- SNMP incorrectly marks SNMPv3 “discovery” packet as malformed. (Bug 7438)
New and Updated Features
There are no new features in this release.
New Protocol Support
There are no new protocols in this release.
Updated Protocol Support
- ASN.1 PER, DIAMETER, GSM BSSMAP, IEEE 802.11, MNDP, NFS, PPP, RADIUS, SNMP, Syslog, UDP-Lite, VMLAB, WiMax DL-MAP, WiMax UL-MAP
Download Wireshark v1.6.9